Conlang Relay 19/Sandic
Sriitnia pal onj irenia jee pelan wwak oxbamo.
Pelania ta jee baxmii- "Fian emaxsin frn kia batoka pal onj uxle:niali ba ire."
Ba juti ta jee baxmii- "Gator awwtesa."
Otiab oxbra thiiaa wii nibo keei, inee oxmii:
Le:ee ta pelan, also awwtefeed onjian ba juti ba ire, wii inee ejj awwtefeed, wii le:ian awwtemii frn kiab awwraug, aan le:eetesa."
Ta pelan oxahl jee oxade, wii ba thiiaa wii ba nibo keei oxfeed.
Gre sriitnia keei, ejj baxfeed ba thiiaa, wii baxmii:
"Onjian ba juti ba ire exle:anee, wii inee exraug lorabin maoain, grateebin ameein, jeeuumeebin kjjain."
Ba treei ta pelan oxahl juti inee baxmii- "Jeed oteraug."
Ba juti ta jee baxmii, "Fii aan awwteziald, jilain awwteahl."
Gre mohn, ejj baxfeed ba nibo keei, wii baxmii:
"Onjian ba juti ba ire fele: extreekaa, a wwak exraug graoamab, baxahlso wwhee ba graoam zum pal aww- iamabin beracoin, elcabin beracoin."
Ba treei ta pelan baxmii, "Awwwiic ra aan raug otiab."
A ba juti baxmii, "Zum awwahl le:ain- otawwneot ma ziald."
- a - but
- ahl - to be
- also - standalone pronoun "we"
- ameei - green
- aan - that, to (hard to translate, helper word)
- aww - us
- ba - singular article
- bamo - lie, rest, repose
- beraco - identical, the same, very similar
- bra - listen to, hear, overhear
- ejj - again
- elca - insect, bug
- fele: - standalone pronoun "I"
- fian - to-me
- frn - about, of
- feed - to go, to travel
- *feed ejj - return, come back
- fii - if, considering that, should (potential)
- graoam- grass
- gratee - valley
- gre - after
- iama - a seed, seed
- inee - behold, look
- ire - a hill, hill
- irenia - some hill, a hill
- jilai - sad
- juti - other, different
- jee - two
- jeed - that
- jeeuumee - a tree, tree
- kia - what, who
- kiab - what, acc.
- kjjai - tall
- keei - small, itty bitty, little
- lor - a plain, a field
- le:ai - happy, content
- le:anee - to fly
- le:ian - plural/respectful direction ("to You")
- le:ee - plural/respectful vocative- "O you guys"
- ma - do, act in a way like
- maoai - wide, expansive, big
- maxsin - to think, to imagine, to wonder
- mohn - a day, day
- mii - say, speak, tell
- neot - not
- nibo - a mouse, mouse
- oka - happen, go on, exist
- onj - side, a side
- otiab - them, accusative.
- pal - at
- pelan - stones
- pelania - some stone, a stone
- raug - see
- sa - know
- sriitnia - some time, a time, once upon a time
- ta - plural article
- thiiaa - a bird, bird
- treekaa - walk
- uxle:niali - hidden, unseen, unknown
- wwak - there, in that place
- wwhee - like, as
- wii - also, as well
- ziald - voyage, travel
- zum - here
Sandic uses verb markers for conjugating verbs. These are shortened forms of the stand-alone pronouns. Here are the ones used in the torch:
- fele: (standlone "I") - e- (verb marker "I") ; Example - emii, I say.
- ---- (standalone "you" sing.) - pee- (verb marker "you.sing") ; Example- peemii, you.sing say
- Ba (standalone "it" sing.) - ba- (verb marker "it") ; Example- bamii - it says
- Also (standalone "we") - aww ; Example- awwmii - we say
- --- - le:ee ; Example- le:eemii -you.pl/respected say
- --- - o- ; Example- omii - they say
Verbs are marked for time with infixes and prefixes.
- -x- past tense (Example, emii- I say, exmii - I said, I have said)
- -te- - future (Example, emii- I say, etemii- I will say)
- o(t)- desiderative, suggestive (Example, emii- I say, otemii- I should say, let me say)
Verbs can also be marked for truth of comparison-
- "baahlco" - "it is just like"
- "baahlto" - "it is as though"
Nouns decline by both number and case.
- mii, a speech, a saying-
- miin, speeches, sayings
- thiiaa, a bird, bird-
- thiian, birds.
- mii, a speech, a saying
- miib, a speech (acc.)
- miibin, speeches (acc.)
- thiiaa, a bird, bird
- thiiab, bird
- thiiabin, birds (acc.)
There exists, additionally, a "towards-" declination for nouns-
- "miiian", to the speech, to a speech
- "miinian" to the speeches
- "thiiaian", to the bird, to a bird
- "thiianian", to the birds
Adjectives are formed by adding an -i to the base form.
- gleen, "black" (noun)
- gleeni, "black" (adj)
- gleenin, "black" (pl.adj)
Adjectives do not decline by case.
Things being posessed by a pronoun have the short "verb marker" form of the pronoun following them.
(example, nax - cat ; nax aww - our cat)
A noun posessing another noun will have the thing being posessed listed first and the posessor listed second-
- "(ba) stee ba nax"
- "(the) paw the cat"
- "(the) cat's paw"
Most of the time, adjectives which follow a noun are *not* posessing the noun before it.
- "keema ba juti"
- "person the other"
- "the other person",
- NOT "the other's person".