Please remember to give your pages specific names. E.g. Senjecan lexicon roots a-ð rather than just Lexicon roots a-ð; Senjecan colors rather than Colors, etc. That first example may not be too much of a problem, but a title like Colors should be expected to have a more generic view. (You can use the 'move' tab in the upper toolbar on any page to give it a more appropriate title.) Cf. FrathWiki:Naming conventions. Thanks! —Muke Tever | ✎ 06:41, 29 May 2006 (PDT)
- Hi! Just a reminder to keep an eye on this—a couple of bare titles are slipping through again (e.g. people, animals). —Muke Tever | ✎ 20:08, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
I did the page name moves Muke suggested and also deleted those pages you had blanked. If you want to delete a page just ask an admin (like me BPJ) on his (I think all admins are male!) talk page. If you just want to rename a page use the 'move' tab at the top of each page, which IIRC is available to non-admins too, or ask an admin about that too. It is not good to have blank pages hanging around! BPJ 02:11, 19 February 2008 (PST)
- There was a lot of that stuff I had to do this time. Caeruleancentaur, please read this: A title of a page should specify the conlang or conworld, unless it is in itself conworld-specific, such as the name of an imagined place (in which case the text of the page should say, in the first paragraph, which conworld it belongs to. A title such as "Dragon" doesn't do if it discusses the dragons of Sefdaania. You should use a title such as Dragon (Sefdaania). Please heed this advice; otherwise, you may be blocked. --WeepingElf 05:29, 4 April 2013 (PDT)
Hi your page is starting to look good, so thumbs up. However, perhaps you should click on the "show preview" button at the bottom of the edit page. This will help make the "recent changes" page less cluttered. Don't worry. I made the same mistake when I first started.
Why did you blank everything?
Why did you blank all your pages? Protest against my renaming move? That would be childish. --WeepingElf 09:19, 6 April 2013 (PDT)
- Kindness. —Muke Tever | ✎ 15:12, 6 April 2013 (PDT)
- Oh, I apologize. --WeepingElf 07:10, 7 April 2013 (PDT)
Senjecas Introduction & Phonology
The page title "Senjecas Introduction & Phonology" is invalid and the page cannot be viewed. The ampersand is a "magical" character and may not be used in page titles. FrathWiki thinks the user is asking for "Senjecas Introduction" instead. --WeepingElf (talk) 06:39, 13 March 2014 (PDT)
- I've moved it to Senjecas Introduction and Phonology, which seems to work as intended. --Muke Tever | ✎ 05:44, 17 March 2014 (PDT)
Page titles, again.
I have fixed the titles of the Sefdaanian Ethnography subpages which were too generic. Sefdaania is just one of many conworlds here, so page titles ought to be more specific than something like Chapter 1 - Place. --WeepingElf (talk) 06:49, 4 March 2015 (PST)
- Thank you. I had used "Senjecas" in other titles, but didn't realize that the Ethnography page titles were too general. I'll use "Senjecas" from now on in all the titles. Charlie (talk) 12:23, 4 March 2015 (PST)
Deleted blank pages
I have deleted the pages you blanked, which also had too generic titles AGAIN. I did not delete Lexicon, which I made into a stub of a general page not about a specific language. --WeepingElf (talk) 12:59, 21 January 2017 (PST)
- Thank you. I didn't realize that blank pages would be available to others.Charlie (talk) 18:26, 21 January 2017 (PST)
Hello from IB!
Dear Fr. C, Hello again. I'm the caretaker of Greece over at the Ill Bethisad project. I made an account here to contact the caretaker of Libya, but when I saw your account pop up on this site's edit history, I had to say something. Would you ever consider coming back to IB? Now that I have a degree in international affairs and modern Greek, I know how to actually write about politics and the economy and no longer treat this as some sort of online game of Risk. I have a dozens of ideas I want to implement for Greece and proposals for the Eastern Mediterranean region, so I'd be quite happy to have a partner in this part of the IBosphere. Our own frathwiki is still the same, but not many of us have a Facebook group that allows for instant communication instead of the snail mail that the Yahoo Group has become. If you have an account, this is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/10758889087/ I look forward to potentially hearing from you again, Misterxeight (talk) 12:59, 21 March 2017 (PDT)
Dear Father, I did send an email to your account. In case I didn't transcribe the address correctly, I'm more than happy to send it again. I did include personal stuff like my facebook account name and other members' email addresses, so I wasn't really comfortably copying-and-pasting it here. I hope that your Holy Week is going well: I don't think our weekly celebrations are quite the same, but for us, today is the day that we receive holy unction. It's one of my favorites this week. Misterxeight (talk) 10:21, 12 April 2017 (PDT)
Page titles again - you have learned nothing.
I have repeatedly told you to use more specific page titles. But you apparently have learned nothing, and set up a page about your conlang titled simply Chapter 1. Chapter 1 of WHAT? This is my last warning. If your page title is not fixed by Friday 21/07/2017 15:00 UT, or you set up more pages with such generic titles, I shall block your account and delete everything you have posted to FrathWiki. So you have 48 hours to address the problem and save your work from extinction. --WeepingElf (talk) 04:47, 19 July 2017 (PDT)
I just noticed some of your pages in the recent edits section, and was wondering if maybe it would be helpful if your pages were merely subpages of the original conlang, that way you could call them whatever you like and not have to worry about conventions: Senjeca/Roots a-ð. This way, you can use pretty much any title you want, and they are automagically connected to the relevant main page of a conlang. Then, if you want to refer to them with a link, you need only do: /Roots a-ð and optionally use a pipe (|) with alternate text in order to remove the slash at the front like this: Roots a-ð.
- Thank you for the suggestion, but there are three problems. One, I've been burned before about my page titles and don't want it to happen again. Two, I really don't know how to do what you suggest. At the present time, I do not know what subpages are. Three, I would not like to go back and rename all my pages. I'm a bit anal retentive and could not handle some pages in one style and some in another. But thanks again. Charlie (talk) 16:05, 13 October 2017 (PDT)
When will you learn not to use generic page titles?
I have noticed that you have created two pages titled 1.1.0 Sky and 1.1.2 Air pertaining to your project, without mentioning it or some other name pertaining to it in the titles! Please fix that, or I will do that for you. This is not SenjecasWiki; you are sharing a name space with other eople, so choose your page titles accordingly. --WeepingElf (talk) 14:18, 6 July 2018 (PDT)
- I am sorry about that. They are files I haven't worked with in some time. I've recently been reorganizing my files. I saw those four titles and it just didn't register with me that they didn't have "Senjecas" as part of the title.Charlie (talk)