Translating the main page
(responding here because your mail server is bouncing my mail)
The other Main pages are just like any other page — basically you'd just copy the source of the main page to a page with the appropriate title (it looks like the convention would be Main Page/Háfrig) to use as a template and translate it.
- Thank you very much. If some question came up, I would let you know. (HafrigisSurnogion 19:30, 17 March 2009 (UTC))
- I have created the Main Page/Háfrig (Avorenta). What should I do to make it appear on the English version in the box "FrathWiki in other languages"? (HafrigisSurnogion 21:08, 17 March 2009 (UTC))
- I do a lot that is related to the Main Page formatting. I've now added your language to the list and hope this is is satisfactory for you. It might change place; I'm thinking about putting the updated versions of the page before the ones based on the original page (so yours would be one of the first). Thank you for using FrathWiki.--S.C. Anderson 16:20, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your help. Bêre valte hi tis medánum.:) (HafrigisSurnogion 16:35, 18 March 2009 (UTC))
On a different note to my previous comment:
You might already have a conworld. If not, do you have a concountry or are you interested in having one?
I'm going to make a conworld that has the same geography and nearly the same history as ours - and is set during the present day. However, I only plan to maintain one concountry (Prussia), which covers Denmark, Schleswig-Holstein, the former East Germany and, as an imperial possession, Crimea. The rest of the land I have open up for other people to use. Note that I've set aside the Bavarian Forest also for another member that might want it.
Your language, Háfrig has a few Indo-European influences, so I thought I'd let you know. Should you be interested, you can pick any part of my vacant world. The borders don't have to be the same as they are on Europe *here*. You can have an empire spread across other continents if you like. With this project, I want a sense of a community, but within that comes freedom to do what you like; there are no strict rules other than the one that states each concountry should have a conlang (not a natlang) attached to it. Land is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Regards, Sean. --S.C. Anderson 16:48, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- I accept your offer with pleasure. Some years ago, when I first thought of creating a conlang (that was called Háfrig too, that's why I started to use the name Avorenta for the modern version) I also made a map of a fictional island where this language is spoken. But maybe a European country would be better. As I am a Hungarian, I would like to "occupy" the area of the medieval Hungary. But I must tell you that unfortunately I don't have too much time to develop the concountry because I'm still a student. So maybe it would be made very slowly.
Attila (HafrigisSurnogion 17:32, 18 March 2009 (UTC))
Is the orange bit okay for you? If so, I'd just like you to state the name of the country and if you would like your language's flag to also be the flag of your country. Thereafter, feel free to progress at your own pace.
The green land is mine, so we will share a border.
More information will be available later in the project, but any land you have will stay yours for ever.
- The name of the country will be Agenirand and the flag you can find on the Háfrig page will be the flag of the contry too.
Well, can I have Transylvania and a part of Croatia instead of Austria? (The whole Carpathian basin belonged to the Hungarian Kingdom and I would like to reach the Adriatic Sea) As for Czech Republic, there could be a corridor in order to share a border with you, but it's not important for me to own all of the country. You can see the borders here (the light pink area) (without the corridor to Prussia).
- I've updated the map. I've given you from Europe *here* Hungary, Slovakia, part of Romania (Transylvania) and, because I don't have qualms about giving them, the full territories Czech Republic and Crotia. If you object to having them, I'm willing to cut them down.
- Thank you, the updated version of the map is excellent. How should I continue?
- I'm glad you like it. You can move ahead at your own pace. You could start by making a page about your concountry. I'll probably make a special portal so it's like a wiki within a wiki when I get more people onboard and combine everything. Anything you like can happen in your country. You are free also to plan worldwide events, but tell me about these so I can keep things consistent. And you can make pacts and alliances, etc. I'll start by asking if you want to be part of a European Union.--S.C. Anderson 17:06, 21 March 2009 (UTC)