|Pronounced:||own name unknown, extinct|
|Timeline and Universe:||theoretically this universe, future|
|Basic word order:||VSO and SVO|
|Creator:||Humancadaver101 aka Schwhatever aka Buckfush530|
Proto-Rajo-Faraneit (PRF) is the language from which all other Rajo-Faraneih Languages derive. This includes Faraneit, Rajat, Fórong, Kelsiut, Hana and several others. This language is quite nebulous and ill-defined in places due to a highly incomplete historical and linguistic record.
|Bilabial||Labio-Dental||Non-Siblant Alveolar||Siblant Alveolar||Retroflex||Velar||Uvular|
|Stop||p b||t d||k||q|
|Approximants and Trills||r||ɻ|
- NOTE: The quality of the open back unrounded vowel is highly disputed. Reliance on the Northern and Eastern Branches of Proto-Rajo-Faraneit suggests it had a quality more central than this image portrays. Alternatively, the evolution of this phoneme within the Western and Southern Branches suggests the opposite, a phoneme as securely central as the rest. Outside of a few dissenters, the majority of linguists accept the theory that it held a gradient value, being more central within the populations that later developed the two major branches, and being less so in the populations that later developed the other two branches. Thus, this image attempts to present a balanced, dialect-neutral version.
- /xi/ = [çi]
- /si/ = [ʃi]
- VX(V) = VY(V), where X is any unvoiced phoneme without a voiced counterpart and Y is the corresponding voiced phone
- With the exception of /k q/ which never become [g ɢ] under any circumstance.
- /'e 'o 'æ/ = [e: o: æ:]
- unstressed /i u ɛ ɑ/ = [ɪ ʊ ə ɒ]
- V/i/V, V/u/V = V[j]V, V[w]V
- /#'i/, /#'u/ = [ji], [wu]
- stressed /p b t d k q/ are aspirated
There are five tenses in PRF, narrative past, past, simple present, progressive, and future. All of these except the simple present rely on auxilaries to perform conjugation. These participles conjugate for the person of the subject, but not the number.
|Narrative Past||Simple Past||Progressive Present||Future|