Now that's a pf**king cool flag! That's really all I have to say. :) --Vlad 07:51, 25 Sep 2004 (PDT) That is amazing! The artist could easily sell merchandise with that, IMHO. Dazi 17:15, 11 Aug 2005 (PDT)
I like the flag a lot. It reminds me also of a path going towards the sun. --Imploder 00:42, 25 August 2006 (PDT)
I put in the Wikipedia link to the Tower of Babel. The double brackets were already there, but there was no link. Charlie 12:11, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
- Absolutely. Well done! BPJ 13:43, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
Hey, I thought I'd put a note here about everyone that had a hand in creating the flag. There were actually quite a number of us.
(1) A fellow named Adrian (I forget his last name, and he's since disappeared) is the one who came up with the idea for having a flag, and he handled all the voting and hosted the site that showcased the proposals.
(2) The idea for the sun in the background and the two color bars came from my flag (David Peterson), that was originally a black band on the bottom, sky blue on the top, and a rising sun in the middle with the Egyptian glyph for "tongue" in black in the middle of the sun.
(3) Sai Emrys came up with the idea of using purple and black, since that color combination wasn't used in any other flag.
(4) Jeffrey Henning came up with the idea of using the Tower of Babel on the flag.
(5) Someone specific (though I forget who) came up with the idea of separating the purple from the black with a yellow band.
(6) Someone else specific also came up with the idea of a curved ground rather than a flat ground.
(7) Christian Thalmann came up with the design combining all these elements, and the final ziggurat design (he improved it significantly from Jeffrey's first sketch).
Just thought I should make a note of this somewhere, as it was kind of a community-wide effort on the Conlang-L. Dedalvs 20:07, 28 January 2009 (UTC)