The Oligosynthesis Project is a collaborative experiment to create an oligosynthetic conlang. This language has a limited number of roots (400) all of which have a basic verbal meaning. To participate in the project, look at the roots, the phonology, the morphological rules and the syntax and then do one of the following
- Give a meaning to some of the words in the vocabulary
- Propose phonological processes
- Derive new forms of words using existing morphological rules.
- Propose a new morphological rule
- Propose syntactical rules
- Create Example Sentences
- Speculate on the concultural background
Some of these steps are dependent on enough people having contributed via the other steps.
There are two important don'ts
- Don't create new roots. This is the Oligosynthesis Project after all.
- Don't contradict previous contributions. If you want to do something that would change a previous contribution, raise the issue on the Talk Page first.