This page is a work in progress. For more suggestions on what we could or shouldn't be, leave a note on the talk page.
What FrathWiki is
Welcome to FrathWiki. FrathWiki is a free encyclopedia for descriptions of constructed languages (conlangs) and cultures (concultures). Here are a few ways you can contribute:
- Present creations. Whether you have a detailed grammar or ethnography, a simple lexicon or guidebook, or just a short description and a link to a website, you can post it here.
- Work together. The WikiWiki format allows anyone to edit any page, meaning anyone can help, whether in all-out collaborative creation or just proofreading your text. Every page has its own ‘talk’ page where people can leave comments and constructive criticism.
- Teach others. FrathWiki also wants to be a resource for conlangers, conculturers, and worldbuilders. For this, we need people to contribute descriptions of topics in linguistics and worldbuilding for a creator's perspective.
What FrathWiki could be
- A repository for conlang texts.
- A place to describe well-known creations such as Esperanto or Tolkien's worlds. (If there's a way to do this without transgressing copyright and trademark laws...)
What FrathWiki Isn't
- a whole site devoted to a particular person's conlangs and concultures
- a place to promote your auxlang (auxiliary language, meant for worldwide use)