Aka John Vertical on some places like CONLANG. (Not my real name, either.) On forums, wikis, etc. I use this nick - pretty sure I'm the only one on the 'net using this, too.
Most of the stuff I've put here are (and will be) languages of my althistory Earth' (Earth-prime). You can recognize them from working titles that are either prime-appended counterparts of real languages or families (eg. Japanese') or nonsense names ending in -ax (see indax). Doodles in both diachronic and synchronic phonology, basically. Only a few projects have internal names yet, most prominently Ouiqál and Åzuli.
The Round Robin Conlang is the only collaborativ project I've staken part in so far.
Those interested in a posteriori languages may want to check out Angrex, not of the Earth' series despite a similar name. Perhaps my more loglangy projects will some day be here too, but they're a bit too much in flux currently.
I'm furthermore contributing various general linguistics information, mostly on phonology - articles I've written so far include Allophone, Aspiration, Spirant and Velar consonant — as well as some natlinguistics stuff (generally around Uralic historical phonology, see Proto-Uralic, Finnish) and occasional maintenance.
- sort the Latin block of the SCI box on a by-letter basis
- upload labiodental flap icon & create Template:B\ for substituting
- C J Q V in a fashion similar to X (why not eventually all the rest too)
- Comparison of ASCII phonetic alphabets
- Add linguistic universals from Universals Archive (User:Tropylium/Temp)
- Done up to 8
- yeah J, ain't that a feat
- Done up to 8
- clean up Body Parts in Your Conlangs?