List of communities
This page is a list of mailing lists where conlanging and/or conculturing etc. are on-topic. (A list of nat-stuff too, as a resource for a posteriori creators?)
This list is woefully incomplete, please contribute to it.
Constructed language mailing lists
- CONLANG mailing list
- CONLANG is probably the largest constructed language list out there. The listserv imposes a limit of 100 messages a day (which is occasionally reached) and there is a per-user limit of 5 messages a day to keep traffic down. Auxlang advocacy is off-topic.
- AUXLANG mailing list
- AUXLANG was split off of CONLANG to provide a place for specific auxlang concerns.
- relay mailing list
- Officially “translation relays and related stuff”, this is where most conlang relays were organized in the past. Newer relays are increasingly moving to FrathWiki, but being subscribed to the list still can't hurt if you don't want to miss anything relay–related.
- West Asian Conlangs Yahoogroup
- A group for conlangs based on Turkic, Iranian, or Afro-Asiatic languages (or other languages of West Asia and North Africa).
- East Asian Conlangs Yahoogroup
- A group for conlangs based on languages of East Asia.
- Slaviconlang Yahoogroup
- A group for conlangs based on Slavic languages, Baltic, Greek, Albanian, or Uralic.
- IdeoLengua Yahoogroup
- In Spanish.
- Kunstsprachen Yahoogroup
- In German.
- Conlang Card Game Development, discussion of Glossotechnia
Constructed culture lists
- Conculture Yahoogroup
- A general conculture group split off of CONLANG.
- The Ill Bethisad Wiki
- A wiki devoted to discussion of all the languages, cultures and histories of the world that has grown out of the Brithenig Project.
Natural language lists
- Qalam Yahoogroup
- A group for discussion of writing systems of the world.
- Cybalist Yahoogroup
- A group for Indo-European historical linguistics.
- Zompist Bulletin Board
- The ZBB is a message board for discussing Almea, conlangs, linguistics, etc.
- Conlanger BBoard
- A friendly place to talk about conlangs and linguistics, to teach your conlangs and learn those of others and to translate text into your them.
- Polskie Forum Językotwórców
- A Polish conlinguistical community.
- Omniglot Forum
- Omniglot is another place for discussion matters conlinguistical.
- You are on FrathWiki right now.
- Conlang Wikia
- Wiki closely connected with the ZBB.
- Ill Bethisad Wiki
- Wiki on the collaborative conworld Ill Bethisad.
- Main documentation of the collaborative conworld Akana.
- UniLang Wiki
- General wiki of the UniLang community, also hosts a couple of conlangs.