The term Global Wars is used in Valmante mostly to refer to five major, multinational wars that took place during the late 19th and early 20th centuries:
- First Global War, February 1883 - July 1887
- Second Global War, April 1903 - May 1906
- Third Global War, May 1919 - December 1924
- Fourth Global War, March 1940 - October 1947
- Fifth Global War, June 1954 - January 1957
The period of the wars is often taken as the watershed of modern, "multipolar" Valmante; the political upheavals of the war, as well as the massive economic growth it fuelled amongst many of the belligerent countries, led to a situation at the end of the wars when economic supremacy no longer rested with any single country.