|Timeline and Universe:||Mt. Athos in the present|
|Spoken:||The Serene Monastic Republic of the Holy Mountain|
|Writing system:||Greek alphabet|
|Genealogy:||Greek with some Turkish influence|
|Basic word order:||SVO|
|Created:||ongoing since ~2009|
- Athonite is a Greek dialect spoken by the citizens of the Serene Monastic Republic of the Holy Mountain. The republic is located on the easternmost of the three peninsulas of the Greek regional unit of Khalkidhiki that extend southward into the Aegean Sea.
- The language is based on Modern Greek with some influence from Turkish (from the former power in the region) and Arabic (from the Lebanese refugees taken in by the monks).
- The language is being created (since c.2009) by Charles Brickner as a language spoken in the alternate world known as Ill Bethisad.
- Grammar I (articles, nouns, adjectives, pronouns)
- Grammar II (verbs, adverbs)